Subscribe:

Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My princess, My daughter



My apologies to my beautiful daughter----April Michelle Tinsley..........
I have been so busy, that my birthday blog is a few days late. But here is a few thoughts about my princess!!!!!

When our little girl was born, she was supposed to be a Whitney. But all it took was one look and I knew that she was not a Whitney. So, for the next few hours - we had the task to find a new name for our new baby girl. Looking in the book of names, the name April popped up. Since, we got married in April, and now our first child was being born in April. Also, that was the month of Scott and I first date.

The meaning of "April" in the English means "friendship". In the Latin meaning aperire "to open", referring to the opening of flowers. Often the word is connected to the season of Spring......

So, as we looked down and saw the strawberry-blonde, curl on the top, and we knew it was right.......April Michelle Tinsley came into our lives and we were forever changed.......

It takes many special qualities

To make a daughter like you,

A lot of care and kindness

And understanding, too...

It takes a special kind of love

That seems to know no end

And the thoughtfulness and patience

Of a true and trusted friend...

It takes many special qualities

To make a daughter like you.....


So, for you April on your birthday....you are getting something I don't share with a lot of people. You are getting something I wrote just for you.......


The sunshine of your precious smile could melt the coldest heart.

Do you know how much you mean to me?

As you grow into what you will be.

You came from within, from just beneath my heart

it's there you'll always be though your own life will now start.

You're growing so fast it sends me awhirl,

With misty eyes I ask, Where's my little girl?

I know sometimes to you I seem harsh and so unfair,

But one day you will see, I taught you well because I care.

The next few years will so quickly fly,

With laughter and joy, mixed with a few tears to cry.

As you begin your growth to womanhood, this fact you must know,

You'll always be my source of pride, no matter where you go.

You must stand up tall and proud, within you feel no fear,

For all you dreams and goals, sit before you very near.

With God's love in your heart and the world by its tail,

You'll always be my winner, and victory will prevail.

For you this poem was written, with help from above,

To tell you in a rhythm of your Mother's heartfelt Love!


I love you more than you know, You are beautiful to me,

Just look into my eyes, see how I see you,

A beautiful princess, with beautiful eyes that shine with my love and my light,

I love you, and I will say it again, I love you,

My princess, my beloved,

My precious daughter..........April








0 comments:

Post a Comment