Subscribe:

Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

God will be there for you!!!!

"He leadeth me beside the still waters." Ps 23:2


Philip Yancey says, "Faith means trusting in advance,

what will only make sense in reverse."

Lately, I have been thinking God what do you have in store

for me in the future???


God knows the "big picture" of every facet of our personal lives......


I see the "BIG PICTURE" and I want to do everything possible to get that done........I'm a person that if something is wrong I want to fix it. If something is not working, I want to find a way to make it better. Unfortunately, sometimes it is not in my control or even my place to do so......


I know that God is in control of everything in my life and my family's life.

I read in a article, "If you fear the future, just look back and see how God took care of you in the past."

This I call to mind and therefore I have hope:

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,

for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness...

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him"

(La 3:21-25 NIV).


Maybe you want to know everything too soon.

God will give you wisdom-when the time comes.

The key is to meet today's problems with today's strength,

and leave tomorrow in God's hands.


During WWll, Arthur Sulzberger, publisher of The New York Times, found it hard to sleep or rid his mind of fear until he adopted these words from the hymn "Lead, Kindly Light":

"I do not ask to see the distant scene; one step enough for me."

And God isn't going to let you see the distant scene either.


No, He promises a lamp for your feet, not a crystal ball for your future.

"He leadeth me" and that's enough for today.

And tomorrow? "We will find grace to help us when we need it"

(Heb 4:16 NLT)


Elijah the prophet told King Ahab that the drought in the land was over and the rains were coming. Then Elijah told his servant, "‘Go up now, look toward the sea.' So he went up and looked, and said, ‘There is nothing.' And seven times he said, ‘Go again.' Then it came to pass the seventh time, that he said,

‘There is a cloud, as small as a man's hand, rising out of the sea!'

So he said, ‘Go up, say to Ahab, prepare your chariot, and go down before the rain stops you'...in the meantime...the sky became black...and there was a heavy rain"

(1 Kings 18:43-45).


Notice, seven times Elijah said, "Get up and go again." You must persist!

If you don't, you'll miss what God wants you to have. Furthermore, if you don't recognize and celebrate small miracles "the size of a man's hand,"

you'll miss the bigger ones so essential to your future.


Beth Anne DeCiantis had to complete a twenty-six-mile marathon in less than two hours and forty-five minutes to qualify for the Olympics. She reached the final straightaway at 2:43, with just two minutes left. Two hundred yards from the finish she stumbled and fell.

Dazed, she stayed down for twenty seconds. The crowd yelled, "Get up!"

The clock was ticking-less than a minute to go. Beth Anne staggered to her feet and began walking. Five yards short of the finish,

with ten seconds to go, she fell again.

As the crowd cheered her on, she crossed the finish line on her hands and knees. Her time? Two hours, forty-four minutes, fifty-seven seconds.

So the word for you today is "Get up and go again."


The essence of God's picture for us in the Bible is to give us the answers. We need not stay in the dark. There is every evidence God wants us to know the answers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment